APPLE BIRCHER MUESLI
Apple Bircher muesli is a healthy breakfast recipe idea.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup milk, soya milk, oat milk or rice milk
- ¾ cup creamy natural yogurt
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3 apples (Royal Gala, Fuji or Red Delicious)
- 2 Tbsp sultanas
- 2 Tbsp chopped dried pears
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 1 Tbsp pepitas
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- honey to taste
- 1.Place the oats in a large bowl and stir through the milk and yogurt.
- 2.Take 2 of the apples, cut into quarters and leaving the skin on, coarsely grate. Toss in the lemon juice and stir into the oat mixture.
- 3.Stir through the sultanas and dried pears.
- 4.When ready to serve scatter over the hazelnuts, pepitas and sesame seeds.
- 5.Divide among 4 bowls.
- 6.Slice the remaining apples and put on top. Drizzle with honey to taste.
Note: Vary the seeds according to your preference.